We got an email that after this morning's workout, there are only 17 more workouts left in our 10-week program. We still haven't been on a scale and haven't taken any measurements. The only thing we have to go on in how clothes fit and what other people say. I'm starting to get really nervous to find out the results. I know I'm going to wish my weight was at "this" number and I know it's not going to be. But I'm pretty sure it's at least not as high as it was when we started.
Last week Jace said, "I would never have thought you could get such good strength training from resistance bands." I think there are a lot of people who think that. How effective can those little bands be? To give a little more clarity:

There are four different types of bands: the usual long bands that have the handles on them, o-ring bands which are about 8" in diameter, figure-eight bands and then long bands that don't have any handles on them and can be inserted into a long, plastic bar. You can work out about any part of your body using these different bands and attachments. Most mornings, we all have almost all of these different styles--at least the long bands, o-rings and figure-eight bands in many different colors.
There are six different colors representing different levels of resistance:
Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, Purple, Black. I tried to find what these colors represent but it was different depending on manufacturer so I couldn't figure it out. All I can say is that the black bands are very thick and I can't stretch them at all. I tried to take the purple figure-8 and pull it apart, but couldn't. So as a person gets stronger, there are always more bands to challenge yourself . A person's glutes are very strong so for some of the exercises, we double-up on bands to increase the resistance even more. So if you ever think you'll "band out," you won't. :)
Last update: Jace and I both signed up for three more months.
No comments:
Post a Comment