I have to edit for two reasons. One, I forgot the best picture to start off our road trip. And, two, Cheryl corrected me by asking, "Is there a Gardner, NE?" No, there isn't--well, it's not where we ate dinner anyway. We were in Garland, NE!
 |
| I told everyone to SMILE as I took the picture of us leaving Lincoln. Drew and Cody hid...but they waved. Trent, being cheerful Trent, smiled. Jace even got his wave in there, too. It all just cracked me up. |
Saturday was one of the first days the Ahlberg family didn't have anything scheduled for the afternoon. We decided it was time for a mini-road trip and a little fun.
We headed to Seward for some family bowling. I was hoping for one of the bowling alleys that you had to keep score on paper, but I bet those are hard to find these days. Seward had eight lanes and it was pretty hoppin' when we showed up. We played two games. Jace won the first game and Cody won the second. Good matches all around (is "matches" the right word?).
 |
| Trent is lining up--thank goodness for the ramp because there weren't any bumpers. Jace--he was playing me and posing as the "expert" bowler. Cody--now you see him, now you don't. |
 |
| The boys posing "normal" and then the boys posing for normal life at the Ahlberg house. |
We then headed to Gardner to the Outlaw Steakhouse. The food was really good and then Jace and I were challenged by Drew and Cody in a couple games of foosball. It was a good time.
 |
| Cody hiding behind the Outlaw menu. Food was yummy! |
After Gardner, dessert was required. Headed back into Lincoln and went to the Haymarket for Ivanna Cone and Scooters coffee.
 |
| Yummy! Ivanna Cone ice cream (eating it at Scooters). |
 |
| Again...kind of the "cute" picture and then the truly Trent picture. :) |
After all that fun, we headed home. It was a good night. We missed Bailey, though. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment