Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Christmas 2012

I'm not always sure which is more fun: when Jace and I put the "master plan" for the kids' Christmas presents together, when we actually go out shopping for everything, when we wrap and put them all under the Christmas tree or when the kids open up the gifts.  It all definitely makes Christmas wonderful and makes us realize how wonderful family is to each of us.

A few highlights from our family Christmas.

Now that Bailey is out on her own, she needed her own kitchen supplies.  In addition to the cookie sheet and cake pan, she got a lot of kitchen utensils and lovely Goodwill coffee mugs from all of us.
Cody got a book on Chuck Norris quips and "facts."  He spent quite a bit of the morning (and I'm guessing quite a bit of the rest of the day) sharing this oh-so important information with anyone else who was around him.

Drew's next present started with a blank CD case telling him to go to his room.  Last year, his Santa present sent him on a bit of a scavenger hunt so I think he was prepared this year!
Trent was really worried that Santa wouldn't get him any hockey gear.  He was very happy that Santa brought him a new goalie hockey stick, a hockey vest and hockey gloves.  He's ready to go! 
Drew is a huge Colts fan and this year he really cashed in.  Between our family and his mom's family, he got slippers, sweatshirt, key chain, NFL coat, posters and I'm not sure what else.  I didn't have the video running when he "opened" his Colts Fathead from Santa, so here's  a quick video montage of the pictures that were taken Christmas morning.


As I often say, I'm very blessed to have such a great family.  The Kussatz side of the family is an awesome bunch of people and I'm so very lucky to have grown up in such a close knit family.  The Ahlberg side of the family is equally awesome and such a wonderful group of people.  We were lucky this year to have Jenn and her kids at Rod and Susie's so that our kids had more cousins to play and hang out with on Christmas Eve.  It's always great to having loving family together over the holidays.

No comments: