Monday, October 31, 2011

FXB - Day 1

The alarm went off at 4:20 AM this morning.  A tad bit early but a time I'm going to have to get used to for at least the next 10 weeks.  Jace and I started our Farrell's Extreme Bodyshaping 10-week experience this morning.  Class starts at 5:15 AM...yes, AM.  On Monday, Wednesday and Friday the class focuses on kickboxing.  On Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday the class uses resistance bands. 

Yesterday, Sunday, we had to go in for our testing.  They measured how far we could stretch (not very), our measurements ("biceps", chest, gut, hips, legs--it's "biceps" since I don't really have any...yet!), a 4-minute step test to make sure we don't fall over dead, how many sit-ups in a minute, how many push ups in a minute and then the dreaded...scale and body fat.  Ugh.  After all that fun, we had to run a mile.  I remember in high school when we had to run a mile for volleyball tryouts that JR threw up.  Thankfully, we both survived that without any mishaps. 

There is a nutrition aspect to the program...eat smaller meals more frequently, more protein, watch the carbs, etc.  We're both going to try and watch our portion sizes and quit the snacking.  I'm sure it'll be a challenge being that we're starting the program on Halloween!

After the push-ups, my armpit muscles were already sore this morning.  And after the workout this morning, which consisted of punching, kicking, lunges, push ups, sit ups, etc., I'm already sore.  Water, water, water...Advil...water, water, water...

Depending on your results, you can actually win $1000.  But you can only win that $1000 if you take  your before picture.  We haven't taken that yet--probably tomorrow.  And that picture--at least mine--will NOT be posted on the family blog!  If you stick with the program for a year, you could win $10,000!

You may wonder why we're both doing this.  While we both want to feel better and look better, we're doing it for the kids.  We want to make sure that we're both happy and healthy for many, many years to come.  I'll be 54 when Trent graduates from high school.  With four kids, we could have many, many grandkids well into our 60's and 70's and we want to make sure we're taking the right steps now to enjoy them for as long we can!  Maybe even see the great-grandkids!

If you're reading this, you may not care too much about all the updates.  However, I'll probably just keep posting some quick updates so that after 10 weeks, at least Jace and I can go back and remember the pain at the beginning so when we're all svelte and sexy, we can appreciate all the hard work and PAIN!

No comments: